Friday, 15 April 2016

Pearlescent Inspirational Tag



Hi,

Today it’s my turn again to show another step by step. I wanted to use a handwritten quote on today’s project.

First step is to make a background and I took out my Gansai Tambi watercolors. I taped my watercolor tag onto a little board so I could have it standing straight up. I added some of the color 57 Turquoise on top of my tape after making my paper wet. Then I used a bottle of water to spray on top of my paint and I had it running down. If the color gets to thin, just add some more at the top and have it running down.







When I had dried this layer I turned my board and added a second layer on top of my blue. This time I used 37 Deep pink and I kept it more centered at what will become the top of my tag.
 

When this second layers was dry too I used my 57 turquoise to stamp on my tag. Just color in your rubber stamp using the Gansai tambi. I wanted to add a bit of shimmer too so I also had some pearlescent watercolor on my stamp.

I then glued down some black cut out swirls on my tag and added even more pearlescent watercolor around them. I made my paper a bit wet and added the pearlescent watercolors so they could move around a bit. I also had some splatters on my tag.





On a piece of watercolor paper I drew some lines to help me write straight. I used the Fudegokochi marker to write down my quote. I also used it to draw a line around afterwards.
Now it’s only a matter of gluing down my tag on a background paper and adhere my handwritten quote on top of it too.
 



Used materials:
Watercolor paper
Gansai Tambi nrs 37 Deep pink – 57 Turquoise
Pearlescent watercolors
Kuretake Fudegokochi marker
Waterbrush