Saturday, 6 February 2016

Pretty Spring Birthday Card



Hi, it’s Jo here and I’m showing you a pretty Spring Birthday card today.

 Products used :

Olive Green
Mid Green
Pink
Light Grey


To make this card I decided that I would heat emboss the outline of the stamp in gold and so took a piece of watercolour card and brushed it with a powder brush to prepare it for embossing.  The powder removes any static from the card and so should stop any excess embossing powder sticking to the card.  If it does, you can carefully remove this with a paint brush.




I then stamped the images onto the card.



Sprinkle on the gold embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.




Turn the card and stamp and heat emboss the flowers at the bottom of the card.


I chose the colours of Clean Color Brush Pens I wanted to use and had extra water to hand.



You can colour directly onto the watercolor card with the brush pens but I find that I can build up the colour more controllably by scribbling on an acrylic block and applying the ink from there.  If I want a greater depth of colour I sometimes go back with the pen and colour directly with the pen. 




I added a shadow around the flowers using the Light Grey brush pen.  I actually outlined the flowers and leaves with the pen before blending with the water brush.  I find the paler colours are easier to use directly onto the card.


Take a piece of black card, prepare with the powder tool and heat emboss your sentiment with white embossing powder.  Cut to size.



Apply washi tape to the edge of your card.  I make this longer than the card and trim of the excess.  This gives a neater finish.




Here is my completed card !



Thank’s for popping by !