Thursday, 21 January 2016

Winter Critters by Patricia

Hello fellow readers!

This time I'm here on the blog, showing you all how I did a card that looks like some kind of a diorama once again, as it has three layers of paper. Theme's this January is winter, so my little scene is full of glistening snow and winter creatures :D I am so inspired lately to make such shadow boxes, so I hope you all like what I made.

I start, as always, with a photo of the products I used this time:
From left to right:

- ZIG Woodcrafter Markers (Silver Metallic 102, Burnt Umber 624, Antique Metallic 123, Arctic White 000)
- ZIG Art & Graphic Pens (Grey 8, Light Brown 16)
-ZIG Clean Color Real Brush (Blue Gray 092)
-ZIG Wink of Stella (Silver, 102 Gold 101)

Materials:

- Cardboard (White)
- Scissors.
- Ruler.
- Wooden sticks.
- Strass jewels.
- Glitter (Silver).
- Set of wooden stamps (“Nordic Nights” from Paperchase).

I did cut my piece of paper that is going to be the outer body of the card, and folded it like the photos show.
Leaving a little flap at one side to glue that to one of the two larger sides, but before doing such a thing (as the photo above shows), I cut a cardboard piece that assembles inside, like next photo shows; Cut two slots in the folded area, so the flaps of the cardboard piece get firmly inserted in there. It's better if you look at the photo below, tho:
Using my Woodcraft markers, I put colour on the wooden sticks; first I added a layer of gold, then the brown (trying to give it some tree trunk texture) and then added white as it was snow.
Cut a circle on the front, like you can see on the photo (the two slots at one side are visible as well)
I stamped my images using my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush on the leaf stamps; Used my ZIG Art and Graphic Twins on my owl (Grey, 8) and deer (Light Brown, 12) stamps. I just love using these pens to stamp, they look crispy and textured in a way that looks so good on my projects.
Glued my figures as I cut the trees I made with the wooden sticks, also glued the wooden sticks with my ZIG 2 Way Glue Pen, building carefully the scene I want to show. Added some white paint with my woodcraft Marker on the little mountains I cut and where the deer is.
Added some dots of glue with my pen so the glitter stays on, as I built a sky made of glitter and strass jewels.

To add a final touch, I applied my Wink of Stella on my figures, the silver one on the owl and the leaves, the gold one on the deer.

And that's it! The steps look simple, and so they are :) I hope you all enjoy reading how I made it.
Now, I just try it doesnt fall when I put it straight on the place I intend to decorate with it :D