Wednesday, 23 December 2015

“Robin in Winter” card by Jo Nevill

It hardly seems possible that Winter is just around the corner – it is so warm today !!  I am one of these people who does a snow dance though as soon as it gets colder – I love the snow !

I’m here with my step by step “Robin in Winter” card.

Products used :

Colours used :
58 – Evergreen
36 – Wine Red
47 – Dark Brown
64 – Blue
66 – Menthol Violet
67 – Deep Blue

I firstly taped my watercolour card to a piece of board with frog tape for delicate surfaces.  This prevents a lot of the warping when watercolouring.
I then stamped my Robin onto the card
I then took the holly stamp and painted it with Evergreen and Wine Red and stamped the holly image onto the card.  I have found it best when stamping with paint to make the paint nice and thick so you get a good image.

Watercolour the Robin and pull some colour using the watercolour brush from your stamped holly image to paint the leaves and berries.

After leaving the card to dry for a while, I painted my background being very carefully around the holly so that the colours didn’t run into one another !
Taking the stencil, I added some snowflakes using white ink and a sponge dauber.

I added some splatters with the white Wink of Stella pen to give the feeling of smaller snowflakes falling.
I die cut my sentiment and adhered it with a Zig 2 Way Glue Pen.

I then heat embossed the rest of the sentiment with gold embossing powder.
Go over the snowflakes with a clear Winkof Stella pen to give your card some sparkle and shine.
I decided to leave the white border around the edge that was masked off with the frog tape, I liked it.  Don’t worry about some paint bleed that may have got underneath, this is all part of the arty and handmade look !!
I hope I have inspired you and have fun making your warm winter wishes for someone special !


Thank’s for popping by !