Monday, 30 November 2015

Patricia's Christmas Diorama

Hello there, fellow readers! I hope all of you are having a nice day. Patricia here with a slightly different project.
I will show you how I made a little diorama out of a wooden box I altered, mostly using my ZIG Woodcraft markers. As the 
theme this time is Christmas related, I tried to give it a seasonal look.
 
Let's start! Firstly, apart from my wooden box, here I show the products I used:
From left to right:
 
- ZIG Water Colour System H20 Brush (Detailer Tip)
- ZIG Memory System 2 Way Glue Pen
- ZIG Cocoiro Letter Pen (Extra Fine, Black)
- ZIG Wink of Stella (999 - Clear Glitter)
- ZIG Posterman Pen (0,5 mm Extra Fine, White)
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush (064, 022)
- ZIG Woodcraft Markers (6mm – Chisel Tip; 102 – Silver Metallic; 624 – Burnt Umber; 000 – Arctic White; 343 – Forget Me Not
; 446 – English Cucumber)
So, I started painting inside the box, mixing my Woodcrafter pens and the Posterman pen with water, trying to work out 
some faded colour for the background; I intended to paint a pair of snowy mountains at the back, giving texture (marking 
small dots, placing small stains, leaving short strokes of paint, etc).
Also, left a bit of paint (From my ZIG Woodcrafter marker called Arctic White) on a paper scrap, and before it got completely 
dry, I patted it against the part that's supposed to be the floor of this small forest I'm painting, so it looks like snow it's there.
I collected sticks that have fallen from the pine trees, and painted them with the Arctic White, in a way that it looks like 
snow, again :)
Cutting them at the right measure so they fit perfectly between the two panels inside the box I tried to make them look like 
trees. I did safe them using my ZIG 2 Way Glue pen. Looks like the landscape is getting alive!
Drew some Christmas-ish socks with my Cocoiro, then painted them with some red strokes (ZIG Clean Color Real Brush (022). 
These will go hanging from a thread I coloured with my ZIG Woodcraft Marker 102 Silver Metallic. 
Placed some glue behind, so once I folded the narrow paper flap I intentionally cut along with each sock, 
it stays hanging from the cord.
After placing and glueing the sticks that look like tall trees now, I drew and coloured a red fox with my
 ZIG Clear Color Real Brushes, and placed in its right place in my diorama.
It was time to paint the other inner lid; I tried to painted it looking like a window, so I used my ZIG Woodcraft Markers once 
again, (624 – Burnt Umber; 000 – Arctic White; 446 – English Cucumber).
And added a pair of two sticks I painted like they're snowy trees. 
 
Gluing some star-shaped charms, then I added clear glitter with my ZIG Wink of Stella on the trees.
Painted white the outside of the box, adding dash lines in silver and green. Then applied my ZIG Varnish Marker 
(not pictured in the products' photo), to intensify the finish, increasing the brightness of the colors somehow. 
My project is finished after I added red sequins and a bit of green tinsel at the top of the lid that looks like a window,
 trying to look like a piece of mistletoe. I also sprinkled glitter all around, and then it's ready.
I hope you all enjoyed reading how I made this little diorama/shadow box with such a festive scene to decorate 
my room on Christmas :D Thank you for reading me :)
 
Merry Christmas for all!
 
Patricia.