Monday, 21 September 2015

DT member Jo's Favorite Space with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush

Kuretake UK’s theme for September is “Space”.  Immediately dark skies, the moon, stars, planets spring to mind and I have made a project along these lines but then I needed something else and I thought of my favourite space – our caravan and the outdoors !

We have a caravan and I’m always itching to get out in it for trips away ! 
To make this card I firstly taped a piece of watercolour card to a piece of board using masking tape.  This stops the watercolour card from warping.
Next I painted the watercolour card with water and then painted the sky.  I colour on an acrylic block first of all and then add more water.  This gives a less intense colour and I find you can control your painting a little more using this method especially for large blocks of colour !!
I used the same technique for the grass
I then stamped the images onto a piece of watercolour card
I cut out the images ready for printing.  As I wanted a 3D look to this card I also stamped and cut out extra pieces of the caravan.
I then painted all the pieces.  This time I coloured the images with the pens and then blended out with the watercolour brush and kept going back adding more for depth of colour.
I die cut a cloud, added pale gray colouring and then stamped the sentiment.
I assembled the card raising pieces with foam tape and adding the extra pieces to the caravan. 
Here is my completed card !
I hope I have inspired you to think of your favourite “space” !


Thank’s for popping by !