Hello, the theme for our Design Team projects this month is ‘baking’, so I’m happy to share with you this cupcake card I made using the Gansai Tambi watercolour paints and Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.
15 x 15cm card blank
Lil’ Inkers Stitched Mats Circles die
Daler Rowney Cold Pressed Watercolour paper
Cupcake Doodles stamp set (designed by me!)
Lawn Fawn ‘Treat Yourself’ stamp set
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Versamark watermark ink
White embossing powder
1. Mix some Dark Pink and White Gansai Tambi paints to create a pale pink colour. Using a water brush, apply this directly to the card front – add more Dark Pink as you get towards to bottom to create an ombre effect.
2. Stamp the cupcake image onto some watercolour paper using Black Versafine ink, then die cut a circle around the image.
3. Colour the image using the Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers, applying the colour directly onto the image. Add some clear Wink of Stella brush pen to the icing on all the cakes to give them some sparkle.
4. Fix the circle to the card front using foam tape to give it some dimension.
5.Stamp the greeting onto a piece of black card using Versamark ink, then add white embossing powder and heat with a heat gun.
6. Trim the card so that you have a narrow strip, then add to the card front with Zig 2 Way glue.
8. To finish add a few sequins.