Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Clean Color Real Brush Illustration!


Hi everyone! This is Glòria, the artist behind ColourYourDayHappy.
In this tutorial I want to share with you my experience with ZIG® CLEAN COLOR Real Brush.  

My main idea when developing this design was to keep it as simple as possible so that the focus on the final piece would be on the incredible colours that the ZIG® CLEAN COLOR Real Brush collection offers.


THIS IS THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS:

GET MATERIALS

·               ZIG® CLEAN COLOR Real Brush
044 Deep Green, 041 Light Green, 045 Pale Green, 050 Yellow, 021 Light Carmine, 027 Dark Pink, 082 Purple, 080 Violet, 081 Light Violet and  083 Lilac
·               Coloured pencils 
·               Watercolour paper
·               Pencil and eraser
·               Cup of coffee (optional :-))



LOOK FOR INSPIRATION

To celebrate Spring I was inspired by one of my favourite spring flowers, muscari, in one of my favourite colours purple!



CREATE COLOUR CHIPS

Colour plays a very important role in my designs.
So whenever I get new colours, I always come up with colour chips.
To do this, I use small bits of paper, write the number and name of the colours and paint them.




HAVE FUN WITH COLORS

I wanted to work with a colour palette based on complementary colours.
Complementary colours are two colours which are directly opposite each other in a colour wheel. By using them you get maximum contrast as well as stability in your design.

CHOOSE COLOURS 
Working with the colour chips, select the colours to use for the project.

PAINT A COLOUR WHEEL 

Create a colour wheel with the colours you to use.

DRAW

Use coloured pencils to draw the design.

Keep the drawing both free and minimal. This piece was not intended as a botanical illustration but as a celebration of spring colours.


PAINT LEAVES
Start using the lighter colour  045 Pale Green 















Then apply the mid green  041 Light Green

Finally paint using the darker green  044 Deep Green

This is the piece with the 3 different shades of green

PAINT FLOWERS
Decide on the order you want to use the different shades of purple.
Paint from top to bottom:
082 Purple
027 Dark Pink
021 Light Carmine
081 Light Violet
083 Lilac
080 Violet




This is the piece with all the shades of green and purple.



ADD COMPLEMENTARY COLOUR


Paint using 050 Yellow















At this point I can only say that it was really fun to paint these spring inspired designs and that I hope you have found this ‘step by step’ tutorial useful.

Until next time,
Glòria