Thursday, 20 March 2014

Spring Time

Today is the first 'offical' day of spring though all around I have started to see spring sprouting from the ground.
I love all the wild flowers that are around but one of my favourites has to be the Bluebells when they appear. 



To create the background of the layout I used some sequin waste which I coloured on with a green Zig Posterman pen.  As the surface is non porous it takes a while to dry leaving you time to stamp it on to your cardstock.


After creating the background I built up my layout using the Kuretake Scrapbooking Papers.  
To create some little flowers I again used the sequin waste as a stencil and coloured in some some of the whole before drawing petals on a few with a Zig Millenium Pen


I have some fabulous sticker alphabets but not in the colour that I wanted for this layout.  It was so easy to change them to my desired colourr using the Kurecolor pens!  Just simply colour over them before removing them and adding to your layout.


I added some punched out flowers from the scrapbooking papers to add some depth to the layout.


Hope you are inspired to get your cameras out to get snapping some spring flowers and to be able to try out some of these techniques.

Thanks for stopping by