Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Just For Mum

Mum's are great!  So at this time of year thoughts turn to our Mum's as Mother's day is just around the corner (well in the UK!) 
So here I am today to share with you a little card I made for Mothering Sunday



I just love all the different typed of swirls, dots and flowers that you can create with these pens.  
First I drew some swirls using the scroll side of the 'scroll & brush' pen.
Next I blended two of the pens together and then drew some more swirls.  Blending to pens together is really simple and gives some great effects.  You can see a video {HERE} on how to do it.


Then I added hearts and flowers with the pens and accented some of them with the Wink Of Stella brush.  There is another video {HERE} on how to make the flowers on the Kuretake website.


I wanted to change my white alphabet to something that would fit in with the colour of my card so i painted over the letter with the Zig Wink Of Stella pen.  Before it dried I lightly  rubbed my finger over the top to remove the deep colour.  It still left a soft sparkle on the letter though!


I finished the card off by outlining the edge of the white card with the green brush & scroll pen and added some adhesive gems.


There are more tutorials on the Kuretake website so if you'd like to learn more then head on over {HERE}
Have fun creating