Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Bring some joy to your life...

Since I've been on a roll this weekend, I figured I'd get a jump start on next month, especially as it's just a few days away anyway.  I do have a quick question, do you know yet what the themes will be starting in January?


Today I have a fun mini-canvas project. It's the perfect size to be hung from a door knob as decoration.  Or, If you have that really large gift, it can work as a package tag by simply adding a small tag with the recipient's name.  So let's jump on in, and I'll show you how it was made.





I started with three 4in x 4in mini canvases.  I painted all three with my red ZIG Painty FX pen.










While the paint was drying, I cut three pieces of burlap to 3 1/4 in x 3 1/4 in. Once the paint was dry, I adhered the burlap to the canvases.









Next, I painted my chipboard letters with a black ZIG Painty FXpen. These pens make painting so easy. No brush, no pouring paint.









To add a bit of detail to the canvas, I used a ZIG Posterman ExtraFine pen in white to doodle a simple border on two of the canvases.


Next, I adhered the chipboard letters to the canvases.





You know all of my projects have bling and this one is no exception.  I used my ZIG Wink of Stella brush pen in Glitter Orange to add color and shimmer to two chipboard bells.  Just a light coating of ink and they have a magnificent shimmer.  This is my first time using the Winkof Stella brush pen and I have to say I'm hooked!



Now, we just need to pull everything together.  I added flowers to the corners of two of the canvases, then added the chipboard bells to the remaining canvas.  Lastly, I layered and adhered the canvases to each other and added a bit of ribbon to use as a hanger.




Closer and closer we get to the festive day.  Are you ready?

As usual Jamie Pope never fails to inspire me. Jamie's ideas are so different and very creative. 

If you would love to try the ZIG Painty FX or the fabulous Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes then take a look at out UK shop site here where UK delivery is only 99p and for European its only £7.99.