Tuesday, 24 September 2013


Baby Boom... 

Fancy making a keep sake for a friend who is expecting? Then take a read at the following step-by-step process emailed to me by design team member Jamie Pope. 













So let's get started on how this adorable wall hanging was created.  I started with a piece of acrylic which I colored with Kurecolor Ink in Dull Blue.


 










Next, I outlined the edges of the acrylic with a Painty FX pen in white.  Set the acrylic page aside for a couple minutes at this point to let the paint dry.
 




 
Next up, I created some background texture.  I added a piece of Punchinella, some doilies, baker's twine, and letter beads. Easy peasy so far, right?
 
 







Then I simply stamped a baby image on white cardstock and colored the diaper with my ZIG Brushables pen in Pure Yellow.  Then, to add just a bit of glimmer, I went over the yellow with a ZIG Wink of Stella pen in Glitter Yellow. I outlined the edges of the cardstock with a ZIG Fabricolor pen in Cobalt Blue. Then I adhered the layers of cardstock and patterned paper together using my ZIG 2 Way Glue pen.

Now, it's just a matter of adding the finishing touches. I attached the stamped piece using a mini clothes pin.  Lastly, I added some flowers, a butterfly charm, and some ribbon so the piece can be hung.
 

So now you have an adorable addition to a baby shower gift.







Thank you Jamie for sharing this with us, we love it :)

If you too would like to create something like then, then check out our online shop where you can find everything you need. 

Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow for another inspiring post.