Monday, 29 July 2013


SEMI FINALS PART 1 & 2 

Hello everyone, it's that time of the week, yes it's a Monday - no one likes Mondays BUT we have cake, so all is okay. 

This week I have both semi finals to show you because I was off last Monday but that did mean I didn't get to sample any lovely cakes :(

PART 1...


Group one was Louise, Sharon and Danni and it was decided that they must bake biscuits (I really wish I hadn't been off) 

 Louise baked Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies. 

 Sharon made White Chocolate and Custard Biscuits.

 Danni baked half white and half milk chocolate chip cookies. 


Three cakes one decision but who was the winner?! 

Imaginary drum roll please.... 

And the winner is....

LOUISE - Congratulations.  



PART 2...



Group 2 involved Helen, Liz and Charlotte and they were told they must create a tray bake. I'm so happy I was here for this because a) I love cake (as we have gathered) and b) who doesn't love a tray bake? 


 Helen baked a Bakewell Tart. I can verify it was as good as Mr Kipling :) 


 
 Liz baked chocolate chip flapjack's. 


Charlotte baked Millionaire's Shortbread. 


I've got to say that this was by far the hardest decision to make; they all tasted so good. So who was the winner? 

Another imaginary drum roll please.... 

The winner is.... 

HELEN - massive congratulations. 

Well done to both and we are already waiting for the final next week to see what lovely creations you have made. 

The brief is:
1. a double layer cake
2.  it must be decorated
3. Cake can be decorated and be whatever flavour the contestant pleases!

Good luck to both for next week :)