Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Stars and Moons... Out of this world...



Here is a write up of what one of our lovely American Design Team Members Jamie Pope has created for us... 

Wondering how this card was made?  Well, lets get started and I'll show you.  I started with a 4x6 piece of glossy cardstock.  Using a star stencil and my ZIG® Emboss Writer, I covered the cardstock with stars.  Then I covered the stars with clear ZIG® embossing powder and heat embossed the cardstock.


Next, I inked the entire piece of cardstock with Cornflower Blue ZIG® Kurecolor Ink. The heat embossing on the cardstock will resist the ink, creating a fun background effect.




Next, I splattered a bit of Orange ZIG® Kurecolor Ink to add another layer of color to the background.





Now, on to the embellishments.  I used my ZIG® Emboss Writer again to cover the chipboard moon. Then I heat embossed the moon with Wow silver glitter embossing powder. Lastly, I ran it through my Cuttlebug to add a bit more texture.




And with keeping with the same colors, I used my Orange ZIG® KurecolorInk on a couple of acrylic stars.
   


Now to layer everything together.  I simply punched a couple of holes in the moon and then attached it to the card with a bit sheer white ribbon.  Next I adhered the stars, and then added a few sentiment stickers.



Thank you Jamie Pope for this fantastic creation, keep them coming :) 

If you would like to check out our online shop site, then clink here.