Thursday, 28 March 2013

One more post from our Easter Theme...

This is cracking - It really is an eggcellent idea... I couldn't resist :) Here is what Margie says...

With Easter coming very soon, I thought I'd take some plastic eggs and do a quick but simple decor using KURETAKE ZIG® 2-Way GlueChisel Tip and ZIG Art & Graphic Twin markers. This is what I came up with...



I brushed some Gesso onto the eggs. It took about two to three coats. Make sure you dry between coats for good coverage.



Next I used ZIG Art & Graphic Twin set of four Kind Hearted Tones purple and pink markers to color the eggs. I love how it covers the surface and such beautiful vibrant colors!



With the ZIG 2 Way Glue Chisel Tip, I drew lines for the pink and dots for the purple egg. Your tip will catch color so I swipe the tip on a scrap piece of paper and it transfers all that color off...it doesn't take much. Then I covered the area with fine glitter of a similar color for a monotone effect.



Let the glitter dry. In the meantime, I created a simple egg stand using a 2 x 6" strip of patterned paper cut/embossed with Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® border die and adhered the ends to create a ring.



Here's a second look...


Thank you Margie :)

To see these great products and more please take a look at our shop site.