Hello Kuretake fans as you are all probably aware Valentines is less than a month away and our design team members have been busy creating some lovely projects for your inspiration.
Monday, 21 January 2013
Valentines Card with Susan Monro
Today we would like to introduce a new team member Susan Monro who has created this lovely Valentines day card.
Susan has kindly added an easy to follow tutorial if you want to try making your own at home.
1. Cut an A4 sheet of red card to measure 21cm x 20cm – this is your base card
2. Cut a piece of black pearl card or black glittered card to measure 9cm x 20cm, stick this to the front of your base card using ZIG 2 Way Glue. [I prefer to use the pen point squeeze & roll]
3. Using a Kurepunch Corner Deco Heart punch, [remove the plastic frame and turn the punch over – this enables the punch to be used to create a border]. Starting at the left hand edge of the paper [if you are left handed reverse this part of the instructions! – it makes it easier to see what you’re doing] slightly overlapping the outer corner of each punched shape, so that they ‘link’ together, punch 7 heart patterns. [Repeat this at the other end of the sheet of paper – so that you end up with 2 borders. Keep the off cuts – there are little hearts that you can use to add to your card!
4. Using scissors cut out the zig-zag pattern, leaving approx a 5mm border.
5. Glue these to the front of the card , using ZIG 2 Way Glue – the beauty of this glue is that you can apply the adhesive to the item - it will be blue in colour, then leave it to change to a clear colour, this takes just a couple of minutes – this makes the glue re-positionable! Brilliant when trying to get a border level!
6. Make 3 chiffon flowers – I cut 3 different size circles out from a length of wide chiffon ribbon – BE CAREFUL when you do this next bit… using tweezers, very carefully hold the edges of the flower, turning constantly, near to a naked flame – the chiffon melts and curls up creating fabulous shapes! You can add glitter to the edges when cool if you wish.
7. Select a length of bootlace ribbon, I chose red with white spots from the Kuretake Assorted Ribbon collection, glue one end to the top left of your card, glue the chiffon flowers in place on top of the ribbon.
8. Create a loop, to represent a leaf in the ribbon and glue to the bottom of the card above the border, I also glued in a tiny piece of red feather, and a small heart from the Kuretake KurePunch range, along with 2 tags, also from the Kuretake punch range – punched from the same red card as the base card.
9. Using a Kuretake Art & Graphics Twin ink your chosen stamp in red, and stamp onto a scrap piece of white pearl card, cut out and mount this onto a scrap of black card. I attached this to the front of the card using sticky fixers, I did paint a small heart shaped brad with a red ZIG Painty FX pen, and attached to the front of my tag.
10. Attach the end of the ribbon to the base of the card
11. Decorate as desired with the ‘waste’ hearts from the punch border and diamontes.
To see more of this design from Susan please visit her blog here.