Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Becki Wagner's Asian Inspired Card


I'm back again with another Asian creation. I love how this card turned out. Especially with a few extra touches from my Painty Twin Gold & Silver pen. You don't have to be a professional artist to use these fine pens and markers. You can use them on your everyday crafting. They can really add some oomph to an already great project.



I used the Graphic 45 Bird Song collection for this card. It comes with a beautiful gold on black paper. I wanted this to be the base of my card. The gold is a little faded, so I decided to get out my Painty and draw over the designs. It made them really pop off the page. My paper looks handmade now. I love, love this effect. Best part is I didn't have to have any artistic talent.


I did the same with the silver side of the pen on the print. I love the added interest here and there. This card reminds me of those vintage wooden scroll calendars with gold/silver accents my uncle used to send us from overseas every year. I just may keep this card for myself to display in my living room. 


The sentiment was written with the ZIG Writer and I highlighted the "h" in the Painty Twin Gold. Pop your layers together with some glue dots using ZIG 2 Way Glue. Then, add a bow, and you have yourself a beautiful card with Asian flair.


Simple, yet beautiful thanks to my ZIG Painty Twin Gold & Silver and Graphic 45 papers. I have to make a series of these!

Supplies:
ZIG Painty Twin Gold & Silver 
ZIG Writer in Black
Graphic 45 Bird Song collection