Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Thanksgiving Place Card with Margie H




Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I hope that you are with loved ones or at least have plans! We are spending a quiet day with just the four of us.

A couple of weeks ago, I received box templates from KURETAKE ZIG® and I knew right away what I wanted to create! Something "OUT OF THE BOX" with the Heart Gift Box Template - use it as a place card! LOL!


How to:


Trace the Gift Box Template Heart with pencil and cut. I erased the pencil marks with a white eraser.


TIP: When scoring, I flipped the template over and matched the cut paper with the score lines. SO MUCH EASIER and no second guessing.


With the ZIG®2-Way Glue Chisel Tip, I assembled the box. Love this adhesive because when the liquid is blue, it's permanent and when it's clear, it's re-positionable (aka 2-WAYS to use it)!


Then I inked the edges with Distress Ink for a finished look.



I used the ZIG®2-Way Glue Chisel Tip and adhered three boxes together...are they starting to look like turkey feathers?! LOL!! Next, I accordion folded a strip of patterned paper. Then I added the cattails die cut (I trimmed a little off) and stickers. I wrote my son's name on a tag with the black ZIG®WRITER Pen ...done!


These can be filled with candy, little toys..anything! Since Hiro is a teen, didn't want to make it too cute for him! HA!

To my friends in the U.S., have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Margie H.

To see more of Margie's wonderful designs visit her blog.