Jamie Cripps has been busy creating this beautiful card ready for Thanksgiving. She has also added a step-by-step guide so you too can create this unique piece.
Geranium Red 264 and Brown 705 Kurecolor Ink
Marker: 705 Brown Kurecolor Marker
Watercolour System BrushH2O Medium
Adhesive: 2 Way Glue Chisel Tip
Dies: Swirly Card Leaf by Samantha Walker (Silhouette)
Thanksgiving Word Group by Samantha Walker (Silhouette)
Cardstock: Cream and Brown (Momenta)
Other: H2O Twinkle (Creative Imaginations)
- Using the negative space from the Swirly Leaf Cut, place the cut over a piece of cardstock. Place a few drops of the Brown Kurecolor ink on a piece of wax paper and ink the foam dauber.
- Rub around the edges with the brown color, creating darker areas around the edges and lighter in the middle.
- Add a few drops of the Red Kurecolor ink and with a new foam dauber add in the red coloring.
- Remove the template from your cardstock.
- Fussy cut the image from the cardstock as shown.
- With the Brown Kurecolor marker, use the chisel tip side to ink around the edges.
- Place the fussy cut leaf under the regular die cut swirly leaf. Use the Brown Kurecolor ink to go over the die cut to fill in the white swirls.
- Spread the H2O Twinkle over the leaf with the Medium BrushH20 to give it a slight shimmer.
- Go over all the areas with your waterbrush, bringing in the brown inked edge color from the sides too.
- 12. Allow your leaf to dry them add it to your card and decorate as desired.To see more of Jamie's designs visit her blog here.