Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Seasons Greetings Frame with Margie H


As you all know our blog challenge this month was to design a homemade christmas gift. We shall be annoncing the winner at the end of the week. Check back tomorrow for the next challange!

Our lovely designer Margie H has been a busy bee creating us yet another wonderful tutorial to inspire your homemade gifts this christmas. 

So, over to Margie....

My take on the challenge is a handmade frame that I create with chipboard, patterned papers, Spellbinders™ Paper Arts die templates and of course, KURETAKE ZIG markers!
 

First I created the base with LF-126 Grand Squares die cut in chipboard and Authentique Paper's patterned paper. Adhere together with the Best Glue Ever ZIG® Two Way Glue.


Next I edged the sides with KURETAKE ZIG® Brushable Spring Green marker for a uniformed edge.



With the same Brushable marker, I doodled with both tips (two tones of green) around the edges to embellish.


I cut/embossed S5-055 Layered Poinsettia with "merry" patterned paper and swiped KURETAKE ZIG® Wink of Stella Clear onto the petals for extra sparkle.


With the same set, I stenciled the leaves with the Brushable marker.


I also colored the white photo corners to match up with the rest of the frame and assembled as shown in the finished project.



To finish, I cut/embossed a banner die from Ribbon Banners LG set, titled it "Seasons Greetings" and placed a flower rhinestone in between. Here's a second look...



Loved how it turned out! What will you be making for the holidays?

Thanks for stopping by!

Margie H 

To see more of Margie's designs visit her blog.