Monday, 6 August 2012

Tutorial: How to create your own wedding favour boxes



With a lot of us crafters turning our hands at wedding crafts either for ourselves or as a business, we know how important it is to save money where possible.  

Kuretake offers a favour box template which is so simple to use and gives you the opportunity to make two different types of box, you'll be knocking out boxes like lightning.  



I thought I'd show you one way you can decorate your little box and turn it from just a little box into something stunning the guests will be blown away by them.

You'll need;
Some white or cream card
Mulberry paper in white
a piece of tulle netting fabric
vellum
coloured wire
Glue




Glue the mulbery paper to the card with a glue stick.


On the reverse side trace out the box template marking out the points where the fold lines go.


Cut the box out and score the fold lines (I've drawn these out in pencil so you can see them here on my pattern).


Assemble your box and for a professional finish cut a small square for the bottom to hide the flaps.  Cut a strip 20 x 2 1/2 cm and score it 5, 10 and 15cm to fit into the inside of your box. 


Add a small circle of tulle into the box. Now you can add in your favours whatever you're putting into the box.


To make the fancy topper, take your tulle and cut 10 x 30cms.  With a needle and thread sew running stitches down the centre and pull up into a ruffle.  Secure the thread. 


If you're not confident with calligraphy, don't worry.  Print off the word you want to use in a calligraphy font. This could be the date, names or just a word as I've done.


Lay a vellum tag over the word and trace over with the Emboss pen.  You can then cover the writing with embossing powder and heat set it.


I cut the tag twice, once in vellum and once in the same white mulbery paper and card. 


I also cut myself a butterfly and secured everything together with some twisted wire.  As I tied the ribbon around the box, I also tied in the tulle, tag and butterfly together. 


I hope you liked my tutorial and happy crafting.


Jaine x



SPECIAL OFFER!

We have 30% off Kuretake templates and ZIG Emboss pen sets at the Kuretake Shop!