Friday, 20 July 2012

Colouring stamped images with ZIG Cartoonist Kurecolor Fine and Brush pens



I was first introduced to the Kurecolor Fine and Brush pens at the CHA-Winter 2012 show in Anaheim, California.  I love alcohol ink pens and these pens did not disappoint. They have a great fine tip for writing and and brush side for coloring in images.  As these are new and I only have a few colors I thought I would do a simple tutorial to show how great they work to color in images.


I stamped this image on plain white, uncoated 110 lb cardstock with black pigment ink-mainly because it is easier to emboss with than dye based inks.  This is an old stamp that I have had forever from Stampington. I decided to heat emboss the image with clear powder.


I don't know if you can see the difference but the black looks much darker.


I colored in the image with Kurecolor Red Fine and Brush pen.  It covers beautifully and without any streaks.  I used a ZIG warm grey Fabricolor Twin pen to add the shadow.  I love how this turned out and this would for for any of your cards, scrapbook pages, and even mixed media (primed) canvases.  


Here is one more angle just you can see detail a little better.

I having been using ZIG writer pens for years since I started in the industry and these new pens are a great addition to my ever growing pen collection.  I can't wait to get some more and see what I can create.  If you did this with clear ink and clear embossing powder or white embossing powder you would get a resist effect which loos really great on old book paper.