Here's another tutorial for you using our "Basically Spring Bundle" from last weeks Create & Craft TV show.
Flying High Card
by Kim Dellow
You will need:
Basically Spring Bundle, or the following individual items:
ZIG Painty Pens (Soft Pink, Clay, Tropic Blue)
Kraft Card Blank (15 cm by 15 cm)
Old book pages or newspaper
Spare card and paper
Black Ink pad
Seam binding ribbon
Sponge (e.g. Inkssentials Cut-n-Dry Foam pad)
ZIG Posterman pen (white)
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
PVA glue and brush
Step By Step
1. Protect your work desk with an old plastic bag and use the PVA glue with the brush to stick strips of old book pages or newspaper onto spare card.
2. When the old book page collage is dry, cut it into a 13.5 cm by 13.5 cm square and cut out a cloud shape from spare paper to use as a mask.
3. Hold the cloud mask on the old book page collage and dab the ZIG Painty Tropic Blue pen onto a small piece of sponge; before the ink has time to dry, dab it onto the collage around the cloud mask.
4. Repeat step 3, moving the cloud mask as you cover the old book page collage. Once you have your cloud background, stick the panel to the card front.
5. Peel off the protective covering from the acrylic balloon in the Basically Bare Up Up & Away set. Doodle some flowers on one side with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink and Tropic Blue pens.
6. Finish the balloon by dabbing the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen onto a small piece of sponge and then dab the sponge onto the balloon.
7. Remove the bits of spare card from the chipboard basket in the Basically Bare Up Up & Away set and paint with a white ZIG Posterman pen. Once it is dry, add dabs of the ZIG Painty Clay pen using the sponge.
8. Colour the felt trim directly with the ZIG Painty Tropic Blue pen. Stick the balloon parts together with Glossy Accents and then to the card front with silicone glue.
9. Cut two ‘button’ holes in the smallest chipboard flower from the Basically Bare Bare Basics Blossoms and Leaves kit and paint white with a ZIG Posterman pen. Once it is dry, decorate it with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen directly and using the sponge.
10. Stamp and cut out the sentiment, distress the edges and stick to the card front. Finish with the ‘flower button’ threaded with seam binding ribbon.