We hope you got the chance to tune into our Basically Bare show on Create & Craft on Friday! As promised, we'll be giving you lots of ideas and inspiration for your kits.
The first one is a tutorial using the "Basically Spring" set. The set includes 3 sets of embellies and 3 ZIG Painty pens. There are still a few kits available to purchase on the Create & Craft TV website.
Bird in the Hand Hanger
by Kim Dellow
You will need:
Basically Spring Bundle or individual items:
ZIG Painty (Soft Pink, Clay)
Sponge (Inkssentials Cut-n-Dry Foam pad)
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Step By Step
1. Pick out the small felt bird, medium and large acrylic birds, and medium and large chipboard birds and wings from the Basically Bare Stack-a-Bellies Birds.
2. Cover the chipboard pieces with patterned paper and edge them with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen by dabbing the pen onto a small piece of sponge and, before the ink has time to dry, dab it onto the shapes. Stick the wings to the bird fronts.
3. Cut four small squares from patterned paper and edge with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen and sponge. Stick these squares to a different piece of patterned paper. Use the Glossy Accents glue to stick the acrylic birds (don’t forget to remove the plastic protection film) over the paper.
4. Once the acrylic birds are dry, edge with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen and then add a layer of glitter glue to the front and let it dry.
5. Colour the small felt bird directly with the clay ZIG Painty pen, then use the Soft Pink ZIG Painty pen over the top but leave a little heart shape at the breast of the bird. Add glitter glue to the heart.
6. Cut a slightly larger bird shape from the patterned paper using the small felt bird as a template. Then cut a ‘reverse bird’ from the patterned paper to cover the back of the larger bird. Stick the felt bird to the ‘right way round’ paper bird.
7. Use the acrylic and chipboard birds as templates to cut ‘reverse birds’ from the patterned paper to cover the back of each bird. Then edge all the ‘reverse birds’ papers and the back of the birds with the ZIG Painty Soft Pink pen. Set all the ‘reverse birds’ to one side.
8. Take a 90 cm piece of ribbon and fold in half. Tie a knot in the top leaving a hanger loop and lay out the ribbon on your work bench.
9. Use Glossy Accents to stick each bird to the ribbon then let them dry. Turn the hanger over and stick the ‘reverse birds’ on the back of each bird to cover the ribbon and finish the hanger.
We'll be back with more Basically Bare tutorials later this week!