Saturday, 17 December 2011

Kuretake Advent Calendar Door 17: Tracie's Picture Canvas




Picture Canvas
by Tracie Steeley



Hi Everyone.

Its Tracie here and I am so pleased to have been asked to make a project for you. I love personalised home decor, and with having small children anything that captures the magic at christmas whilst they are small is a must for me!

So this personalised Christmas wall canvas ticks all the boxes and its super simple to make too, the fab thing about it is that it same project can be re-made for any occasion by changing the photo and the words, for example a wedding photo and first dance song lyrics or wedding vows would make a great anniversary gift, or a nursery rhyme and baby photo would be a lovely addition to a nursery! The pens from Kuretake are so easy to use and work perfectly everytime so you know that creating something like this will be fun and easy!


You will Need: -




Step One

Mat your photo and use your pencil to lightly draw lines on your canvas, I spaced my lines about an inch apart.

Step Two 

Using a pencil lightly mark where your matted image will go, Then using the Calligraphy pen write out the lyrics to your song around it. It doesnt matter if your writing isnt perfect, its personal and thats what counts!




Step Three

Using the Metallic Writers doodle sprigs of Holly onto your canvas, use a black wink of stella pen to outline the doodles and and highlights with the clear one.



Step Four

Add your photo to the centre of your doodled canvas


Step Five

Finally using the silver paintyFX pen draw a silver border around then entire piece, and write a heading, I chose my little boys name, but the date of the photo would be nice too. Then add little silver dots to finish off




I hope you have enjoyed my festive make and I would love to see your versions of it!

Happy Holidays!!

Tracie   xxx