Monday, 31 October 2011

Boo-tastic Gears!

As you've probably heard, we're launching a new and exciting range this week - Basically Bare!



In preparation for the launch, ZIG Design Team member Beckie has created this Halloween tutorial using a mixture of Kuretake and Basically Bare products....


These Basically Bare Gears set #2 are fab for making some hanging decorations.  I decided that I wanted to have some fun, so created this Halloween window hanger.





On the largest clear gear I removed the protective layer (a thin sheet of plastic that peels off easily) before I added drops of the Kurecolor Ink nos 407 Orange.  When this dried I dropped small amounts of two different Kurecolor Grey inks C.10 and 828.  I embellished with some pumpkins and a Boo!!

The spider webs were made using the white ZIG Painty pen on the black gears.  The spider is simply a black button which I dotted around with the ZIG Painty and then added some googly eyes and legs!

The three gears are then connected with some of the Kuretake fibres.
I am loving all the shapes that Basically Bare have to offer and how easily they can be changed into other things!



Basically Bare launches at the new Kuretake Shop this Wednesday, 2nd November!